Start your Red Sea adventure today…
Itinerary: Best of Wrecks
Dates: 27th – 3rd August 2020
Aboard: M/Y blue Horizon
Cost: £1005 + flights & Egyptian visa
Updated in early 2016, award-winning M/Y Blue Horizon Blue o Two`s flagship fleet vessel and the benchmark for all other Blue O Two vessels to follow.
With a contemporary and stylish feel, M/Y Blue Horizon takes Red Sea liveaboard diving to a whole new level and is truly deserving of the title ‘Best Liveaboard’ in the 2016 and 2015 Sport Diver awards, as well as ‘Liveaboard of the Year’ awarded by DIVER magazine in their recent industry awards.
With a large dining area, totally separate sky lounge with state of the art entertainment system, shaded deck area and sun deck, there is always space to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Red Sea. TVs in the communal areas are also equipped with a hard drive containing movies and TV series.
King suite upgrades are available and all cabins benefit from air conditioning, en suite facilities, mini refrigerators and personal entertainment systems.
M/Y Blue Horizon is is equipped with a nitrox membrane and can also cater for rebreather and technical divers.
The Best of Wrecks cruise allows you to take in some of the most iconic wrecks from the northern Red Sea to the Brothers including Abu Nuhas, Thistlegorm, Rosalie Moller, Salem Express, Numidia and Aida. There will be some reef dives on this cruise but the priority is as many wrecks as possible!
- Day 1 Start the week with a check dive before heading north for an afternoon wreck dive at Abu Nuhas followed by a night dive.
- Day 2–3 The next two days are spent cruising the wrecks of the northern Red Sea. Normally you will have the opportunity to make three day dives and a night dive each day. The exact itinerary and order of dive sites will vary depending on the conditions, but you can expect to visit plenty of wrecks including the world-famous Thistlegorm, Ghiannis D, Carnatic, Rosalie Moller and potentially even more.
- Day 4 Visit the Salem Express and Al Kafain, two large ferry wrecks close to Sha’ab Sheer in Safaga.
- Day 5 A day at the Big Brother Island where the wrecks of Aida and Numidia are located.
- Day 6 Enjoy two final morning wreck dives at El Minya (a minesweeper) and Mohamed Hassabella (a fishing trawler) close to the port of Hurghada allowing you to cruise into harbour in the early afternoon. Take advantage of an evening onshore to purchase souvenirs and enjoy Egypt’s famous hospitality before your journey home the next day.
Please Note The itinerary above is an example of the planned route and dive sites cannot be guaranteed. All dives sites are subject to weather conditions and the final route taken is at the absolute discretion of the captain and dive guides. Adverse weather can affect this route which includes one or two overnight sailings. Night dives are not permitted in the marine parks.