Apeks WTX-D60R Twin Cylinder Wing
A twin cylinder wing that forms a complete ring of air around the cylinders is sometimes referred to as a twin donut. They are not permanently attached to a back plate or harness, rather sandwiched between the back plate the cylinders themselves. Having a complete ring of air makes the wing very stable without a dramatic shift of air from left to right.
The WTX-D60R is a redundant system that contains two bladders inside one outer shell. Both bladders are capable of generating 60 lbs of lift (one at a time).
Much thought and design work has gone into the Apeks twin cylinder wings. Special attention has gone into the fabrics and hardware selected the shape of the wing, the water drainage and the construction techniques. When you buy Apeks, rest assured that you are buying the best product available.
- 2 each K style with brass buttons
- 2 each low profile 16″ oval-shaped hose
- Each airway has a safety cable to prevent hyper-extension
- Both airways originate near the top, back, center for optimal venting
- Primary bladder has a Low Profile Flat Valve pull dump on inside lower left
- Redundant bladder has a Low Profile Flat Valve pull dump on outside lower right
- Exterior: 1000D Armorshield Cordura
- Inner air cell: 22mil (.022) thick black urethane
- Zipper: heavy duty YKK #10 plastic zip and slide
– High-efficiency drains to drain water quickly
– Access zipper is located on front side to prevent abrasion from cylinders and tank bands
– Able to accept an optional Retractor Kit
– Center foot print matches the Apeks plate.
– 3 upper grommets allow various height settings coupled with a lower slot that compensates for misaligned band bolts.